In Marvel Studios’ action-packed spy thriller “Black Widow,” Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises. Pursued by a force that will stop at nothing to bring her down, Natasha must deal with her history as a spy and the broken relationships left in her wake long before she became an Avenger.
– Director – Cate Shortland
– Produced By – Kevin Feige
– Release Date – July 9, 2021
– Story by – Jac Schaeffer and Ned Benson
– Screenplay by – Eric Pearson
– Music by – Alexandre Desplat
– Cinematography – Gabriel Beristain
– Scarlett Johansson – Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
– Florence Pugh – Yelena Belova
– David Harbour – Alexei Shostakov/The Red Guardian
– Rachel Weisz – Melina Vostokoff
– O-T Fagbenle – Rick Mason
– William Hurt – Thaddeus Ross
– Robert Downey Jr. – Tony Stark/Iron Man
– Ray Winstone – Undisclosed role
– Olivier Richters – Undisclosed role
– Unknown – Taskmaster
The movie will primarily be set after the events of Captain America: Civil War but before the events of Avengers: Infinity War although flashbacks should feature prominently throughout the movie. Not only have younger versions of some of the major players been cast but a de-aged Thaddeus Ross can be seen in the first teaser trailer.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this post, you can find more of my thoughts on twitter, @lord_anarchy. Additionally, @bloodybaroness and myself host The History of the MCU Podcast, a weekly podcast that reviews and analyzes not only the Infinity Saga but the new Marvel Studios Disney+ shows beginning with WandaVision. We would love if you gave us a listen and are currently available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio and Amazon Music.