The MARK XIII is the thirteenth Iron Man suit Tony built, the sixth suit in the Iron Legion, the fourth Advanced Iron Man suit and is the first suit to feature a rectangular miniature arc reactor. Due to the suit’s lighter than average composition and the modified RT, the MK13 is one of the fastest suits Tony created.
The MK13 featured slight redesigns to the chest and legs, making the armor more streamlined and aerodynamic.
The MK13 arrived at the Battle on the Norco when Tony had J.A.R.V.I.S initiate the House Party Protocol. The MK13 managed to survive the battle and was the twelfth suit to be destroyed when Tony had J.A.R.V.I.S initiate the Clean Slate Protocol.
- Designer – Tony Stark
- User – Tony Stark
- Code Name – None
- Armor Class – Advanced Iron Man Suit
- Armor Type – Velocity Suit Prototype
- Armor Color – Black with silver plates
- Armor Height – 6’0 ft.
- Status – Destroyed
- Power Core – New Element Arc Reactor Mark II
- Armor Features – Rectangular miniature arc reactor, high altitude and high speed flight, increased agility, new armor composition and design
- Armor Systems– J.A.R.V.I.S OS, Status system, Propulsion system, Advanced biometric donning system
- Weapons – Repulsors, Unibeam, 200-Petawatt laser, mini missiles, flares, mini-guns
- Armor Composition – Aluminum and titanium steel plating
- Armor Capabilities – Super strength, enhanced durability, superior flight capabilities, ice resistance, rapid biometric deployment, high speed and high altitude flight
- Predecessor – MARK X
- Successor – MARK XIX
- Preceded By – MARK XII
- Followed By – MARK XIV
- First Appearance – Iron Man 3
Features and Capabilities
- Rectangular Miniature Arc Reactor – The modified Arc Reactor gave the MK13 the additional power needed for higher flight altitude and speed.
- High Altitude, High Speed Flight, Increased Agility – Due to the modified Arc Reactor and the lighter than normal plating, the MK13 was the fastest suit of its predecessors and remains one of the fastest suit Tony has created.
- New Armor Composition and Design – The MK13 featured a more streamlined design making it more aerodynamic and was lighter than it’s predecessors due to the aluminum and titanium steel plating of the armor.
- Mini-guns – Like the MK18, MK22 and War Machine Armor Mark II/Iron Patriot, the MK13 has a mini-gun in each gauntlet.
- Standard Iron Man suit weapons – this suit possesses the signature Repulsor gauntlets, Unibeam, shoulder-mounted guns, side winders, guided missiles, micro munition missiles, rockets, 200-Petawatt lasers and flares.
- Standard Iron Man suit systems – this suit possesses the standard Iron Man suit systems including the J.A.R.V.I.S OS, the propulsion system and the advanced biometric donning system.