The MARK X is the tenth Iron Man suit Tony built and the third suit built-in rapid succession after the events of the Battle of New York that led to the creation of the Iron Legion. The Mark X is the first suit to be denoted as an “Advanced Iron Man suit” as it was faster and could achieve higher altitudes than all of its predecessors and the first suit of the Iron Legion to feature extensive redesigns to the suit’s appearance. The MK10 featured a redesigned high impact chest plate and larger footpads that aided in flight stability. The suit also had extra repulsors equipped on each abdomen and its back that increase flight speed and power. These armor redesigns and upgrades to the flight systems made the MK10 faster than all of its predecessors with the ability to travel at speeds of more than 2,100 MPH.
The MARK X arrived at the Battle on the Norco when Tony had J.A.R.V.I.S initiate the House Party Protocol. The MK10 fought valiantly but was destroyed during the battle, although the rest of the Iron Legion managed to eliminate all of the Extremis soldiers.
- Designer – Tony Stark
- User – Tony Stark
- Code Name – None
- Armor Class – Advanced Iron Man Suit
- Armor Type – None
- Armor Color – Red with golden plates
- Armor Height – 6’5 ft.
- Status – Destroyed
- Power Core – New Element Arc Reactor Mark II
- Armor Features – High impact chest plate, Reinforced gold titanium stabilizers(abdomen and back), Larger foot-pad
- Armor Systems– J.A.R.V.I.S OS, Status system, Propulsion systems, Advanced biometric donning system
- Weapons – Repulsors, Unibeam, 200-Petawatt laser, missiles, guided micro projectiles, flares
- Armor Composition – Gold-titanium plating
- Armor Capabilities – Super strength, enhanced durability, superior flight capabilities, ice resistance, rapid biometric deployment
- Predecessor – None
- Successor – Mark XIII, Mark XIX
- Preceded By – Mark IX
- Followed By – Mark XI
- First Appearance – Iron Man 3
Features and Capabilities
- Superior flight capabilities – due to the armor’s redesigns and revamped flight systems, the MK10 can fly further and faster than its predecessors while using less power.
- Armor redesigns – the MK10 featured a redesigned high impact chest, reinforced gold-titanium stabilizers and large oversized footpads.
- Standard Iron Man suit weapons – this suit possesses the signature Repulsor gauntlets, Unibeam, shoulder-mounted guns, side winders, guided missiles, micro munition missiles, rockets, 200-Petawatt lasers and flares, albeit slightly stronger than it’s predecessor’s weapons systems.
- Standard Iron Man suit systems – this suit possesses the standard Iron Man suit systems including the J.A.R.V.I.S OS, the propulsion system and the advanced biometric donning system.
- The MK10 is three times faster than the MK9.
- The MK10 remains the fifth fastest Iron Man suit.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this post, you can find more of my thoughts on twitter, @historyofthemcu. Additionally, @bloodybaroness and myself host The History of the MCU Podcast, a weekly podcast that reviews and analyzes not only the Infinity Saga but the new Marvel Studios Disney+ shows beginning with WandaVision. We would love if you gave us a listen and are currently available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio and Amazon Music.