The MARK XII is the twelfth Iron Man suit Tony built, the fifth suit in the Iron Legion, the third Advanced Iron Man suit and an upgrade to the MARK VIII. The MK12 featured a carbon and steel alloy exoskeleton making it one of the most durable suits built. In addition to the upgrade to the exoskeleton, the MK12 featured an upgrade to the weapons systems making this armor stronger than its predecessors.
The MK12 deviates from the traditional color scheme due to the carbon and steel alloy used to build the armor. The armor receives a new face plate that is used for the MK22, MK27 and the War Machine MARK II/Iron Patriot armor. The armor also features new designs to the legs and arms that will be seen in the MK23, MK27 and MK40.
The MK12 arrived at the Battle on the Norco when Tony had J.A.R.V.I.S initiate the House Party Protocol. The MK12’s durability and upgraded weapons systems were showcased during this battle, as it managed to eliminate many Extremis soldiers and survive the battle. The MK12 was the second suit to be destroyed when Tony had J.A.R.V.I.S initiate the Clean Slate Protocol.
- Designer – Tony Stark
- User – Tony Stark
- Code Name – None
- Armor Class – Advanced Iron Man Suit
- Armor Type – None
- Armor Color – Black with silver and gold plates
- Armor Height – 6’0 ft.
- Status – Destroyed
- Power Core – New Element Arc Reactor Mark II
- Armor Features – Durability
- Armor Systems– J.A.R.V.I.S OS, Status system, Propulsion system, Advanced biometric donning system
- Weapons – Repulsors, Unibeam, 200-Petawatt laser, extra missiles, guided micro projectiles, mini missiles, flares
- Armor Composition – Gold-titanium with a high density carbon and steel alloy exoskeleton
- Armor Capabilities – Super strength, enhanced durability, superior flight capabilities, ice resistance, rapid biometric deployment
- Predecessor – MARK VIII
- Successor – MARK XXVII
- Preceded By – MARK XI
- Followed By – MARK XIII
- First Appearance – Iron Man 3
Features and Capabilities
- Durability – The MK12 featured a high density carbon and steel alloy exoskeleton making it one of the most durable suits in the Iron Legion.
- Upgraded Weapons System – the MK12 is an upgrade to the MK8 and featured the most robust weapons systems to date.
- Standard Iron Man suit weapons – this suit possesses the signature Repulsor gauntlets, Unibeam, shoulder-mounted guns, side winders, guided missiles, micro munition missiles, rockets, 200-Petawatt lasers and flares, albeit slightly stronger than it’s predecessor’s weapons systems.
- Standard Iron Man suit systems – this suit possesses the standard Iron Man suit systems including the J.A.R.V.I.S OS, the propulsion system and the advanced biometric donning system.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this post, you can find more of my thoughts on twitter, @historyofthemcu. Additionally, @bloodybaroness and myself host The History of the MCU Podcast, a weekly podcast that reviews and analyzes not only the Infinity Saga but the new Marvel Studios Disney+ shows beginning with WandaVision. We would love if you gave us a listen and are currently available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio and Amazon Music.