Billionaire industrialist and genius inventor Tony Stark is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Instead, using his intelligence and ingenuity, Tony builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man.
– Directed By – John Favreau
– Writers/Screenplay – Mark Fergus, Hawk Ostby, Art Marcum, Matt Holloway
– Based on Characters By – Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, Don Heck, Jack Kirby
– Produced By – Avi Arad, Kevin Feige
– Starring – Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges, Shaun Toub
– Music – Ramin Djawadi
– Cinematography – Matthew Libatique
– Rating – PG-13
– Runtime – 126 minutes
– Release Date – May 2, 2008
– Budget – $140 million
– Opening US Weekend – $98.6 million
– Domestic Box Office – $318.4 million
– International Box Offie – $266.8 million
– Total Box Office – $585.2 million
– Rotten Tomato Critics Consensus – Powered by Robert Downey Jr.’s vibrant charm, Iron Man turbo-charges the superhero genre with a deft intelligence and infectious sense of fun.
– Rotten Tomato Tomatometer/Audience Score – 93%/91
– IMDb Score – 7.9/10
– Metacritic Score – 79/100 on 38 reviews
Stan Lee Cameo
Post Credit Scene
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this post, you can find more of my thoughts on twitter, @lord_anarchy. Additionally, @bloodybaroness and myself host The History of the MCU Podcast, a weekly podcast that reviews and analyzes not only the Infinity Saga but the new Marvel Studios Disney+ shows beginning with WandaVision. We would love if you gave us a listen and are currently available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio and Amazon Music.