The MARK XI is the eleventh Iron Man suit Tony built, the fourth suit in the Iron Legion, the second Advanced Iron Man suit, a base model redesign and prototype stealth suit. The MK11 received another complete overhaul to it’s design, seeing both cosmetic and functional changes. The suit is sleeker and slimmer but is also fitted with extra plates in thighs and thrusters equipped to its back allowing for aided flight strength and speed, respectively.
In addition to these redesigns, the MK11 was the first suit to feature stealth capabilities. Unlike its successor, the MK15, the MK11 also featured a full weapons systems. Unable to support both a weapons system and a stealth system, the stealth systems in the MK11 were severely limited. Like it’s predecessors the MK11 saw major advancements in its weapons systems. In addition to upgrades to the standard weapons systems, the MK11 housed 92 miniature air-to-air missile in the suits shoulder pods that could be fired simultaneously if necessary.
The MK11 arrived at the Battle on the Norco when Tony had J.A.R.V.I.S initiate the House Party Protocol. The MK11’s weapons systems were showcased during this battle, as it managed to eliminate many Extremis soldiers and survived the battle. The MK11 was the eleventh suit to be destroyed when Tony had J.A.R.V.I.S initiate the Clean Slate Protocol.
- Designer – Tony Stark
- User – Tony Stark
- Code Name – None
- Armor Class – Advanced Iron Man Suit
- Armor Type – Base Model Redesign/Prototype Stealth Suit
- Armor Color – Red with golden and silver plates
- Armor Height – 6’0 ft.
- Status – Destroyed
- Power Core – New Element Arc Reactor Mark II
- Armor Features – Stealth systems, armor redesigns, weapons upgrade
- Armor Systems– J.A.R.V.I.S OS, Status system, Propulsion system, Advanced biometric donning system, Stealth system
- Weapons – Repulsors, Unibeam, 200-Petawatt laser, extra missiles, guided micro projectiles, mini missiles, flares
- Armor Composition – Gold-titanium plating
- Armor Capabilities – Super strength, enhanced durability, superior flight capabilities, ice resistance, rapid biometric deployment
- Predecessor – None
- Successor – MARK XV/MARK XVII
- Preceded By – MARK X
- Followed By – MARK XII
- First Appearance – Iron Man 3
Features and Capabilities
- Armor Redesigns – The MK11 sees both cosmetic and functional redesigns and would be the model for many future suits including the MARK XV, MARK XVII, MARK XXIV, MARK XXVIII, MARK XXXV and MARK XXXVI.
- Mini Missiles – the MK11 housed 92 mini missiles in the suits shoulder pods.
- Standard Iron Man suit weapons – this suit possesses the signature Repulsor gauntlets, Unibeam, shoulder-mounted guns, side winders, guided missiles, micro munition missiles, rockets, 200-Petawatt lasers and flares, albeit slightly stronger than it’s predecessor’s weapons systems.
- Stealth Systems – the MK11 features limited stealth systems and is the prototype for all future stealth suits.
- Standard Iron Man suit systems – this suit possesses the standard Iron Man suit systems including the J.A.R.V.I.S OS, the propulsion system and the advanced biometric donning system.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this post, you can find more of my thoughts on twitter, @historyofthemcu. Additionally, @bloodybaroness and myself host The History of the MCU Podcast, a weekly podcast that reviews and analyzes not only the Infinity Saga but the new Marvel Studios Disney+ shows beginning with WandaVision. We would love if you gave us a listen and are currently available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio and Amazon Music.